Concept and realisation of the gallery space
In 2016, commercial space 1061 in the Corbusierhaus was converted for use as a gallery space. D:4 developed the concept for the conversion to a gallery and supervised the realization on site. The room got its name from its location in the Corbusierhaus, namely between the 2nd and 3rd inner street (floor) in staircase B.
In order to be able to use the room for events, a kitchenette was installed and the WC was renovated as part of the conversion. The renovation work also included the installation of a new floor covering in light blue linoleum.
Exhibitions show positions on Le Corbusier's work as well as on Berlin's post-war modernism. Furthermore, the gallery invites to vernissages, curated guided tours and other events.